News Releases

Community Project Funding Request Process for Counties, Cities and Nonprofits

Apr 07, 2021

U.S. Rep. Richard Hudson’s office has asked counties in the 8th District to solicit requests from nonprofits and local governmental entities in their jurisdiction for federal Community Project Funding (CPF).

CPF is a new initiative for Fiscal Year 2022 that allows members of Congress to request direct funding for projects that benefit the communities they represent.  The new initiative will have stringent eligibility, ethics, and transparency guardrails.  CPF is separate from federal grants and funding apportioned by formula like HUD dollars.  CPF dollars are only open to nonprofits and units of government (state/local).

Municipalities and non-profits in Cumberland County should review the information provided in the FY2022 Member Directed Community Project Funding Guide issued by Hudson’s office. If they have a project that meets the criteria outlined in the guide, the organizations should provide the requested information listed in the guide for the appropriate funding category and submit it by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 13, to Andrew Jakubiak at

Development and Submittal Process:
Each member of Congress will get 10 requests.  Rep. Hudson developed this process so that each of his seven counties can submit a list of projects.  Hudson asks that each county prioritize the projects in their county. The County must provide a rank-ordered list of requests by April 16 to Hudson’s office. There are no guarantees for funding of the projects. 

According to the guide, each project request submitted must have received community support and groups should submit documentation of that support. Examples include, but are not limited to: 

  • Letters of support from elected community leaders (e.g. mayors or other officials);
  • Press articles highlighting the need for the requested Community Project Funding or support from newspaper editorial board(s);
  • Projects listed on State intended use plans, community development plans, or other publicly available planning documents; or
  • Resolutions passed by city councils or board(s).