Cumberland County Animal Services has a pet foster care program. The foster program is designed for the following kinds of animals:
- Nursing puppies and kittens along with their mother.
- Young puppies and kittens. High-level of care including bottle feeding is required to do this.
- Animals needing recovery time from medical procedures or illness.
- Animals that rescues will take as soon as they have a space or transportation.
- Animals, especially large dogs, that have been in the shelter for an extended period of time.
Fostering an animal can last a few days to a few months depending on the animal's needs.
Foster parents must be 18 years old and live in Cumberland County.
The foster program saves lives. Animal Services would like you to join our life saving team.
Want to foster? Follow these three steps:
- Read the puppy or kitten foster manual.
- Fill out the foster application and Foster Contract & Release Form
- Attend a walkthrough session. Call 321-6828 to set up a time.
Questions? Email the foster coordinator