Veterans and surviving spouses that qualify for this program will receive an exclusion of the first $45,000 of assessed value on their permanent residence.
- Honorably Discharged Disabled Veterans
- Unmarried Surviving Spouses
- Totally & Permanently Disabled
- Service Connected Disability
- No Age or Income Limitations
- Permanent Residence
- Must Meet Qualifications January 1
- One Time Application Required
- Application Deadline is June 1
To apply, complete and submit FORM AV9 with the tax office by June 1, along with FORM NCDVA-9 certified by Secretary of NC Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, or Secretary's designee, or evidence of benefits received for specially adapted housing under 38 USD2101.