Resources and Assistance Related to COVID-19

Virtual Learning Center Grants

The Cumberland County Board of Commissioners allocated $250,000 for organizations to operate virtual learning centers for students in grades K-8. A Request for Proposals has been issued and the submission deadline is Oct. 21 at 4 p.m. The funding is available because of Coronavirus Relief Fund dollars the County received. 

RFP Addendum

View the Request for Proposals

RFP for Virtual Learning Centers (002)

To apply: 
All bids are located on the Munis Self Service Portal at https://ccmunis.co.cumberland.nc.us/

  • Log in or Sign up as a vendor in the Munis Self Service Portal
  • Access Virtual Learning Center grant bid page from Munis Self Service Portal
    • In left column of Munis Self Service Portal, click Vendor Self Service
    • In left column, click Bids
    • Use the bid number search function--type 283
    • Click search
    • The bid will load. On the far right of the screen, click details (in blue)
    • Click Create Proposal in the top right

If you encounter problems or need assistance with Self Service, please call the Cumberland County Information Services Helpdesk at (910) 323-6119. 

 Resources in Our Community

Guides for anyone in the community who is in need assistance in a variety of areas - from food and meals to employment support or urgent health services.  
Community Resource Directory 
Community Resources for Those in Need 

 Resources for Renters Facing Eviction

If you are a renter in North Carolina facing eviction due to COVID-19 economic impacts, there may be resources available to you. More information in English and Spanish


 COVID-19 FAQs for Employers and Businesses

COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for Employers and Businesses here.


 Meals for Children

Cumberland County Schools (CCS)
Offering meals for children ages 18 and younger.

  • Children do not have to be a CCS student or be present when parents/guardians pick up the meals.
  • Each child receives two meals - lunch for the current day and breakfast for the following day.
  • Meals may be picked up at any location.

Curbside Meal Pickup

USDA Kids Meal Finder
Summer meal pickup sites nationwide.

North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services in partnership with North Carolina Department of Public Instruction administering Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program.

Visit www.ncdhhs.gov for more information regarding North Carolina’s P-EBT program to include answers to Frequently Asked Questions and any updated information over the coming weeks.

Families do not need to apply for the P-EBT program. School information will be used to determine eligibility and distribution of benefits. Families currently receiving Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) benefits who are eligible for P-EBT will receive the additional benefit on their existing Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card.

P-EBT eligible families not currently enrolled in FNS will be mailed an EBT card and a letter from NCDHHS in the next few weeks explaining how to activate and use their card. The P-EBT card and letter will be mailed to the address on the child(ren)’s school record. Visit www.ncdhhs.gov for more information regarding any issues related to change of address.

Eligible families will receive approximately $371 in total P-EBT benefits per child, provided over two installments. Unused benefits will rollover month-to-month and must be used within 365 days.

 Social Services

Go to www.ccdssnc.com to inquire about how to apply for all new and ongoing public assistance programs such Energy Assistance, Child Care, and Work First. For more program application and contact information, please see the quick reference guide in English and Spanish. 


 NC 2-1-1

NC 2-1-1 is an information and referral service provided by United Way of North Carolina. Families and individuals can call to obtain free and confidential information on health and human services and resources within their community.

NC 2-1-1

United Way of Cumberland County


 File for Unemployment

The only way to file for unemployment in NC is through the Division of Employment Security.

For assistance with claims, resetting accounts or passwords and answers to specific questions, contact the Customer Call Center at 888-737-0259 or des.ui.customerservice@nccommerce.com.

Still need additional assistance? Send your name and last four of your social security number, contact number, best time to call and description of problem to ncworks.3500@nccommerce.com.


 U.S. Small Business Administration

Guidance & Loan Resources 

COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to North Carolina small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application
Disaster Loan Fact Sheet


 Business Impact Survey

A new survey has launched to measure the economic impact of COVID-19 on Cumberland County’s business community. Created by the City of Fayetteville, Cumberland County, Fayetteville Cumberland Economic Development Corporation (FCEDC), Cumberland Community Foundation, Center for Economic Empowerment and Development (CEED), The Cool Spring Downtown District, the Chamber of Commerce, and the Convention and Visitors Bureau, the economic impact survey will inform recovery efforts and aid for a variety of business sectors.

The 21 – question survey will take an estimated five minutes to complete. Businesses in Cumberland County are encouraged to participate. Take the Business Impact Survey.


 Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payment

The IRS is offering tax help for taxpayers, businesses, tax-exempt organizations and others – including health plans – affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).

Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payment


 Wellness and Mental Health

NC Department of Health and Human Services
Information on resources to help reduce stress and anxiety and tips to stay healthy.
Managing Your Overall Health

Alliance Health
Call the Alliance 24-hour Access and Information Center at 800-510-9132 and a licensed clinician will assist you in finding the right kind of help.
Taking Care of Your Emotional Health
Taking Care of Yourself and Reducing Stress