If you are scheduled for an appointment or receiving a walk-in service, ask our staff how to access a free Uber ride. Call 910-433-3600 for more information.
Rides are available for services at the following locations:
- 1235 Ramsey Street: Services provided by Cumberland County Department of Public Health, Cumberland HealthNet, and Stedman Wade Health Services
- 130 Gillespie Street: Environmental Health Onsite Wastewater services
- 103 Laketree Blvd., Spring Lake: WIC Services
- 2622 Hope Mills Road, Hope Mills: WIC Services
How It Works
- Call 910-433-3600 to schedule an appointment at one of our Health Department locations. When you schedule your appointment for Health Department services, inform staff that you would like to receive a free ride with Uber for your appointment.
- A Health Department staff member will schedule a free ride for your same day appointment or a date in the future.
- You will receive a phone call or text with your trip details and another when your driver is on the way. An Uber driver will pick you from your location directly to one of our locations for your appointment.
- Once you’ve finished your appointment, you can use a link sent to your phone or ask a staff member for assistance, to request a ride back directly back to your location.
Know Before You Go!
- Riders won’t need to use the Uber app or have an Uber account. You’ll receive a text with trip details. Be sure to provide correct information to Health Department staff when booking your ride.
- Be ready before you request a ride. Drivers will wait up to 5 minutes at the pick-up location.
- Check your ride, every time. Make sure you get in the right car. Be sure to match the license plate number and the car make and model with your text.
- You must be 18 or older to ride in the Uber without a parent or guardian.
- Don’t forget your car seat! Uber does not provide one.
- Need to cancel? Let us know by calling 910-433-3600
- For more tips, please review the UberHealth Rider pamphlet (Spanish)