The Tourism Development Authority is charged with expending the net proceeds of the occupancy tax authorized by and levied under Session Laws 2001 Chapter 484 for the purposes provided in that act.
Web Page Links, Downloads, and Resources:
Statutory Authorization: NCGS 2001-484
7 Members with Specific Categories
- Representatives nominated by hotels and motels within the County which have in excess of 100 rooms subject to the occupancy tax (2)
- Representatives nominated by hotels and motels within the County which have fewer than 100 rooms subject to the occupancy tax (2)
- The President of the Fayetteville-Cumberland County Chamber of Commerce (1)
- The County Manager (1)
- A member of the public who is not affiliated with travel and tourism and who reflects the cultural diversity of the County (1)
Term: 3 Years
- Expend the net proceeds of the occupancy tax authorized by and levied under Session Laws 2001 Chapter 484, as amended from time to time, for the purposes provided in that act;
- Promote travel, tourism and conventions in the County, sponsor tourist-related capital projects in the County;
- Contract for and be contracted with, apply for and accept grants and gifts for the accomplishment of the purposes provided in the act.
Meetings: Quarterly (January/April/July/October) - Fourth Wednesday at 8:00 AM
Meeting Location: Cumberland County Courthouse
Fifth Floor, Room 564
117 Dick Street
William S. Wellons, Jr.
Dallas Mack Freeman
Darsweil Rogers, Fayetteville Regional Chamber (Ex-officio)
Amy Cannon, County Manager (Ex-officio)
Candice H. White, Clerk to the Board
Cumberland County Board of Commissioners
Phone: (910) 678-7771