The mission of the Cumberland County Animal Control Department
is to provide a protective barrier for the prevention of Rabies between the
citizens of Cumberland County and the Domestic and Wildlife animals.
Animal Control will protect our citizens by active enforcement of state and
local laws, the humane sheltering and disposal of stray and unwanted animals,
and the promotion of responsible pet ownership.
The primary objective of Animal Control Employees is to provide quality
service to the citizens, while dedicating themselves to improving the
co-existence of animals and humans.
- Maintain the highest quality of services to the community.
- Relieve the pain and suffering of animals.
- Promote responsible pet ownership.
- Increase public awareness of animal issues.
- Co-operation with Breed Rescue / Animal Welfare Organizations.
- Continue training and education for management and staff.